Come to our Murfreesboro, TN office to see if you are a good candidate for cataract surgery
Advanced Cataract Surgery
Dr. McCabe specializes in innovative, custom cataract surgery in Murfreesboro. He carefully chooses the lens that best suits the patient's lifestyle. Here are three excellent options to consider:
The Crystalens is an FDA-approved intraocular lens that corrects vision problems in adults who have cataracts (clouded lenses) with or without presbyopia, or lenses that have become rigid or have aged beyond usefulness.
The Crystalens was modeled after the human eye. Like our natural lens, it utilizes the muscle of the eye to accommodate and flex to be able to focus on objects at all distances. The Crystalens has the ability to adjust to all of your vision requirements.
What are the benefits of using Crystalens®?
- The first and only accommodating IOL approved by the FDA.
- The only lens that uses the natural focusing ability of the eye.
- The only lens that provides a single focal point throughout a continuous range of vision from far to near, and everything in between.
Crystalens® focuses only a single image to the back of the eye, unlike a multifocal lens that is capable of projecting several images that are not totally in focus, requiring the brain to "adjust" to these differences. In addition, Crystalens® vision is sharp and crisp because 100% of the light rays are available and distributed - when you need it.
The effectiveness of the Crystalens® was proven in clinical trials:
- 74% of patients with Crystalens® never or almost never used prescription glasses.
- 88.4% of patients with Crystalens® could see much better at all distances than those implanted with standard intraocular lens (35.9%)
- 100% could see intermediate (24" to 30") without glasses.
- 98.4% could see well enough to read the newspaper and the phone book without glasses.
- 98.4% could pass a driver's test without using eyeglasses.
More then 200,000 Crystalens® have been implanted worldwide. The procedure is safe and effective with patients reporting excellent vision seven years after cataract surgery!
For more information about Crystalens® visit Eyeonics®
AcrySof® ReSTOR® Lens
AcrySof® ReSTOR® IOL: The new AcrySof® ReSTOR® IOL is an apodized diffractive lens used in cataract extraction with lens implantation. Clinical studies have shown that 80% of patients with the AcrySof ReSTOR lens could perform most activities, including reading, driving and sports without the need for glasses. Patients were so satisfied that 94% stated that they would request to have the ReSTOR lens implanted again if they had to. This lens is best suited for people that want to be less dependent on glasses, but need to read fine print.
Dr. McCabe introduced this vision enhancing technology to Rutherford County in June 2005 and contiunes to have excellent results with it.
For more information about ReStor® visit Alcon® Labs
Tecnis® Multi Focal Lens
The advanced pupil-independent TECNIS® Multifocal Lens provides patients with high-quality vision at any distance, and in any light condition - even in low light!
It delivers results superior to those of a standard multifocal lens and offers an excellent chance to become glasses free.
- Nearly 9 out of 10 study patients did not require glasses(1)
- Excellent image quality at all distances, under any lighting condition (2)
- Over 94% of study patients would choose TECNIS Multifocal IOL again (1)
- 93.8% of bilaterally implanted patients functioned comfortably without glasses at all distances-near, intermediate, and far- at 1 year (N=112)(2) "
1. Terwee T, Weeber H, van der Mooren M, Piers P. Visualization of the retinal image in an eye model with spherical and aspheric, diffractive, and refractive multifocal intraocular lenses. J Refract Surg. 2008;24:223-232.
2. TECNIS Multifocal Foldable Acrylic Intraocular Lens package insert. Santa Ana, CA: Advanced Medical Optics, Inc.